Author Topic: Winter Sylvana’s mysterious e-mail  (Read 1960 times)

Offline amandel

Re: Winter Sylvana’s mysterious e-mail
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2018, 04:19:30 PM »
Quote from: Winter's Twitter Account
Winter Sylvana
‏ @wintersylvana

Ad Locum (context): https://www.sylvanastories.com/ad-locum.html

Hi All. Is this the action to take for Lesson Two? Am unsure 'tho an easy way to define ad locum is "the source cited is the same as one previously cited". Am guessing "the movement" is clockwise from left bottom. (yup, obvious me)

EDIT: Winter's email (posted below on this page) sort of hints to start at "Location in any language". Maybe that stands for Google?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:01:06 AM by amandel »
"I could write a hell of a paper on a grown man who dresses like a flying rodent."

Offline emato

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2018, 05:02:16 PM »
Quote from: Winter's Twitter Account
Winter Sylvana
‏ @wintersylvana

Ad Locum (context): https://www.sylvanastories.com/ad-locum.html

Hi All. Is this the action to take for Lesson Two? Am unsure 'tho an easy way to define ad locum is "the source cited is the same as one previously cited". Am guessing "the movement" is clockwise from left bottom. (yup, obvious me)

Been looking at that.  Also another way for Ad Locum -> Latin -> To the place. 
There Is a Crack in Everything, That’s How the Light Gets In. - Leonard Cohen

Offline amandel

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2018, 10:52:33 AM »
Winter sent me a kind email in reply to some ideas I held (past tense & mostly circular logic) re Lesson Two. Just hoping it helps anyone.

Quote from: an email reply from Winter Sylvana
Dearest Amandel,

Your hard work is always to be commended. I think it is best to sometimes follow that old adage: begin at the beginning. I don't think people have the made the connection yet as to why some people received a clue for Assignment #1 and some didn't.

Hint: Location in any language.

"Move carefully" means looking for landmines, but also making sure you don't miss monuments.

You will prevail, as the next test showcases your strengths.

Ahaha...reckon Winter was teasing me b/c my tarot card is Strength. Also, hoping she means Lesson 3 as I'm clueless atm re Lesson 2.
"I could write a hell of a paper on a grown man who dresses like a flying rodent."

Offline emato

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2018, 05:48:26 PM »
Re Lesson 1:

I think I missed a chance to look further into Gilgamesh.  My card places akey at Mesopotamian Epic of Gilgamesh.  Oh well.

Offline amandel

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2018, 06:23:15 PM »
LOL Emato. Only a genuine archaeophile would harbor that regret. Maybe we're not yet done with some Sumerian clay tablets?

Offline Escobar

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2018, 11:56:35 AM »
I asked Winter ceraintly if the “location” could be a map, ‘cause its readable in any language. She gave me this response:

Possibly, although a map is not really a "language." But you are on the right track. Remember L ocation in any L anguage ;)

Offline Jeet

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2018, 12:15:02 PM »
I'm in the middle of moving to another state so was hoping to get a clue that might help others out (I won't have internet in a few hours and possibly not for a week or so) and Winter did respond with this:
A few more clues:

Location in any Language (what is yours?)

[the clue you get next leads too...]

Place the card.

You still haven't located the mountains.

and this what I had written which is are not correct so I put it here so no one else goes down this road:

-- location in any language: GPS? (even in arabic we use "gps" now .)

-- Is the card the Wheel of fortune card? (reason for this is the convo between the man and woman in the bookstore:

"No, she just looked through the books on the front table there and asked the man she was with, the one who came back for the tarot deck, where they should go next."

"And what did he say?"

"He just told her they should go wherever fortune takes them."

"And what did the woman say?"

"She looked confused at first but then she smiled and nodded and said that of course they would go where fortune takes them. Why hadn't she thought of that sooner?")

-- Could the mountainous region be somewhere in the Zagros mountains? (because they are in the geographical region of the place between two rivers (the Tigris and Euphrates) (I'm guessing on the Tigris in Baghdad)

(Or perhaps the mountains = the Strength card that has mountains in the background - I thought this perhaps because the Wheel of Fortune card indicates a "symbol for the forces of Destiny and Fate because it shows how everything is connected in a cycle; some might call it the circle of life. Everything happens in cycles; we rise and fall just as a spot on the perimeter of a wheel travels from the highest point, through all the possible points on the wheel, and then back to the apex. However changes will affect you depends on where you are on the wheel. If you are at the top then any change could throw you off, but if you are the bottom then a change could start you back up to the top. And for one person to rise another must fall - everyone is connected."

If so then "Mountains: Mountains symbolize aspiration, achievement, courage and accomplishment. In this case we can liken the mountain to challenges we face in our lives. As we look upon the Strength card and see the mountains in the distance we are aware that we will always be met with challenges in our lives. However, what makes climbing the mountain difficult or easy is the way we approach it. "

Have fun y'all!

Offline amandel

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2018, 01:30:58 PM »
I asked Winter ceraintly if the “location” could be a map, ‘cause its readable in any language. She gave me this response:

Possibly, although a map is not really a "language." But you are on the right track. Remember L ocation in any L anguage ;)

You both rock! Escobar, have left you many twitter compliments. After you replied again to Winter I asked her if she's hinting at L(attitude) & L(ongitude) *crosses fingers* EDIT: Then maybe the next clue is "Celestial Coordinates" leading to The Star tarot card?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:05:46 PM by amandel »

Offline Escobar

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »
Yes yes yes! I've got the feeling we are getting closer:
Found this on the web: http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/LongitudeIntro.html

Latitude and Longitude: Your Global Address
Every location on earth has a global address. Because the address is in numbers, people can communicate about location no matter what language they might speak. A global address is given as two numbers called coordinates. The two numbers are a location's latitude number and its longitude number ("Lat/Long").

This explanation is similar to my answer about reading a map.

Winter asks: what is yours? I know mine, but not sure yet if I should give them out on this forum. (Although, you guys are always welcome for some coffee  ;D)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:47:11 PM by Escobar »

Offline Escobar

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »
And for the Star Tarot card:
The Star card shows a naked woman kneeling at the edge of a small pool. The woman holds two containers of water. She pours the water out to nourish the earth and to continue the cycle of fertility, represented by the lush greenery around her. The other container pours the water onto dry land in five rivulets, representing the five senses. The woman has one foot on the ground, representing her practical abilities and good common sense, and the other foot in the water, representing her intuition and inner resources, and listening to her inner voice. Behind her, shines one large star and seven smaller stars, representing your chakras. This represents a need to open your chakras and cleanse your aura. Notice all the stars have eight points. The Star is associated with the number 17, which equals 8 (1+7=8). Eight is Strength, the quality needed to accept your faults and love yourself in spite of them. The bird in the tree in the background is the sacred ibis of thought, roosting in the tree of the mind. The astrological sign of the Star is Aquarius.

Since no one choose the Star card and our Amandel is Strength, maybe its your card girlie! Didnt Russel get a hint earlier with an 8?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:52:01 PM by Escobar »

Offline Russell

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2018, 10:25:37 AM »
New email and hint for
Spoiler: show
Roncevaux Pass

Email below in spoiler to save space.

Dearest Friends,

After a thirteen-hour flight we landed in Paris, but that wasn't the end of our journey. We then boarded a tiny puddle-jumper to a town called Saint-Jean-Pied-del-Port where we took a small boat to a villa on the river. Our hostess greeted Michelle warmly and I was amazed at how well this sprite of a girl navigated the world.

We were shown to our guest rooms and slept easily after our long journey, and after a breakfast of tea and croissants with fresh butter and jam we discussed the next leg of our journey.

Our hostess was, oddly enough, American, a retired neurosurgeon whose husband still worked in Silicon Valley. Her name was Leila and she told us the story of a frightening new technology called a neural sweep, which was able to gather data in unprecedented ways. Her husband was an original investor in the company, which I won't name right now, but he quickly became alarmed at the scope and direction of the research and technology. He joined up with a group of other investors who developed a highly dangerous and illegal plan to manipulate the markets to take down several companies whom they believe to have nefarious interests.

Leila sipped her tea. "But this isn't a simple plan, nor is it a short one. It will last years, if not decades. You can't simply take down a company. You have to...engineer...a take-down."

"How?" I asked.

"Very carefully."

"So what's next?"

"Next we visit a man who has a comprehensive knowledge of the world financial markets. He is believed to be a sort of mystical guru who can see into the future. Of course, as a scientist I don't really believe in that sort of thing, but on the other hand we don't know everything there is to know about the human mind."

"Where do we find him?"

Leila sighed. "The question is not where, but how. He is said to be difficult if not impossible to locate. We begin in the most unlikely place, a convent, or abby."

"I'm sure there are plenty of those in Europe," I said. "Which one is it?"

Leila smiled and said, "Not far from here, in the mountains. It is a monument historique."

More soon...

Best Wishes,
Winter

Offline Escobar

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2018, 11:12:12 AM »
We're on the same track here Russell  :)

Be carefull, here is another hint:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roncesvalles

Roncesvalles is famous in history and legend for the defeat of Charlemagne his nephew

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:43:36 AM by Escobar »

Offline amandel

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »
Hi. A couple of PW protected posts on the NEW wordpress: https://sylvanastories.wordpress.com/

Here's the PW for the 2nd ,"Range", with a cipher to solve
pyrenees (case sensitive)

EDIT: Here's that cipher solve. And an intriguing dispute re that location mentioned: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luzaide/Valcarlos
Gronsfeld cipher with the key *800" which when solved reads: "this location is open to interpretation" (?location dispute above?)

Also, Winter just "hearted" my tweet that she did intend Latitude & Longitude. Am certain then that "Celestial Coordinates" was the next clue. Am unsure about the Star card b/c even after many splendid Cardkeepers chapters I remain pretty much a tarot doofus.  :-[

Here's the PW for the 1st, "Symbolic", with a rqst there from Winter to submit a tarot card to "be given the next piece to the puzzle".
PW is cross (case sensitive)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:20:03 AM by amandel »

Offline Russell

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2018, 07:42:33 PM »
Based on the longitude latitude clue. I had assumed this referred to the latest location related to Charlemagne.

Winters response however was "You, my friend, have already shared yours."

My very first email to her i shared my own latitude longitude so it's possible she is just trying to get all of our locations for the future and I just was a little prescient  ;D

Offline emato

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »
Is this related to The Card Keepers https://cardkeepers.wordpress.com/  Where Winter bids farewell?  Is it related at all?  A reboot? 

emato