Author Topic: Winter Sylvana’s mysterious e-mail  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Escobar

Re: Winter Sylvana’s mysterious e-mail
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »
Lol Amandel, hear me few days back...  :P

Anyone starting to poke around in the dark yet? Trying to find a connection or reference between 'a man without a face' and 'an old riverbank'? My first association would be Egypt and pharaos (no face?), so maybe Cairo?? Or am I getting ahead of myself already?  :P

Offline Russell

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 06:24:41 PM »
I received the following email:

(8)
Saturn
Caelus
Neptune
Apollo

Offline amandel

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 07:03:17 PM »
WOW Russell. If you don't work out anything better you could email her back with these. Plse keep us informed. <3

God of Earth
God of Air
God of Water
God of Fire
"I could write a hell of a paper on a grown man who dresses like a flying rodent."

Offline Russell

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »
Thanks amandel.

Just to say that the message was preceded by ( 8 ) which got turned into an emoji on here.

Offline Jeet

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 10:14:15 PM »
Could someone pls post the third email since I didn't get it so I am missing that part of the story. Thanks!

Offline amandel

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 03:14:58 AM »
Here's that 3rd Winter email (Title: Heaven and Earth) under the *spoiler* just to condense the space...like virtual Campbells soup.  :)

Spoiler: show
 Dearest Friends,

When my plane landed, despite my exhaustion, I went immediately to visit an old friend of mine who lived in the area. It was an arduous journey because he lives on top of a mountain. I hired a driver and it was quite treacherous, then I had to stumble along a moonlit path until I finally found his house, which was surprisingly palatial. This was no mountaintop hermit living in a cave dressed in rags, although a hermit he may be. I hoped he was there and in a welcoming mood, because he has no telephone, no cellphone, no email or internet.

"Why do you have to make it so difficult to find you?" I asked, once I was settled on his back deck with a cup of hot chocolate and a lambswool throw.

He gestured to a collection of different sized telescopes sitting on his deck and said, "In order to better see the stars, of course. To get closer to God, as they say."

I shivered. "You feel closer to God up here?"

"Of course, and to all of the astronomers who came before me. Who paved the way. They spent many hours, many days, many years, many lives in the cold, in the dark, staring at the skies. I can only hope for the same."

I set down my mug on the deck railing and said, "I have come to ask you if you've seen any changes in the stars."

"It's too soon for that Winter."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The heavens are vast. We cannot begin our study of them until we know what we're looking for."

"I see. So how do we begin?"

"Begin," he said, "by telling me your dreams."

I closed my eyes and begin telling him the story of a priest who had been coming to me in my dreams and giving me pieces of a map to another world.

Before you can begin your mission you must complete a series of lessons. The first few lessons will be simple, and are designed to get you into the mindset of an explorer. After that, they will become more challenging, and you will need to lean on each other to decipher them.

I have created a website for you to use as portal for the lessons and for your mission. I will be adding your names next to the cards you have chosen, so please let me know how you would like to be referred to on the website, and whether or not you would like me to include your twitter handle.

Thank you to those who have chosen to follow me on this journey. I wish you luck.

All of My Love Always,
Winter

https://www.sylvanastories.com
"I could write a hell of a paper on a grown man who dresses like a flying rodent."

Offline Russell

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 03:43:22 PM »
So i got a nudge:

A further hint for your efforts:

The eight is simply a quantity.

Saturn is also known as...

My thoughts therefore are that we are looking for an 8 letter word linking these 4 or its hinting at the planets. 

Its odd though that 3 are roman and one is greek.

*Edit* "Twenty-five years before Uranus was discovered, Nicolas Louis de Lacaille identified a constellation that became known as Caelum Scalptorium."

Also if you update the list:

Roman      Current

Saturn       Saturn   
Caelus       Uranus
Neptune    Neptune
Apollo       Sol / Sun

The new list spells suns...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:51:38 PM by Russell »

Offline Escobar

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 04:31:49 PM »
Im so jealous that you got a hint already. Im still waiting for an reply on my first assigment.  :-*

But nevertheless, I looked at this nudge and found that Saturn was known to the Greek as Cronus. Maybe that helps a bit.

Offline Lunsford

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 07:08:01 PM »
Hi old friends.

I filled out the contact page asking to be added to Winter's list. I'll let ya'll know what I get back  8)

Lu

Offline pbemaddy

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 08:46:35 PM »
Im aiming for Temperance  8)

You beat me to it!  Good choice...

Someone else did... I got Justice instead. Wonder who became Temperance now :)

Offline pbemaddy

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 08:56:59 PM »
Temperance reporting in  ;)

Some of you here I recognize from previous encounters. I had toyed briefly with the idea of creating a new persona for this... but decided in favor of utilizing existing connections.

It's been way too long since my last adventure; I'm needing this.

It appears that some of us are further advanced in this than others, but hopefully we'll all be up to speed shortly. Cheers!

Offline Rorschach

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2018, 10:00:59 PM »
I think I'll clumsily jump into this.  Hello all.

Offline amandel

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 10:33:08 AM »
HI to everyone here! *dances  happily down memory lane for a minute* Russell, am still  totally clueless re your puzzle but....

I found this by accident: https://twitter.com/wintersylvana Let the Winter stalking begin (and questions too!).  ;D

Offline Blackbird

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2018, 03:44:14 PM »
Greetings! I'm Blackbird and I hope I can help contribute. My major card is The Lovers.

Offline Lunsford

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2018, 10:01:01 PM »
received an email back from Winter:

Dearest Friends,

I have been reading all of your responses to the first assignment and I am deeply moved. You are a bright and creative group of people. I think we can save the world together.

While there are no right answers to your responses, a few of you have responded somewhat...differently, and I've given you a tiny snippet of information which may become important later on.

Later today I will notify those of you who have completed the first assignment and give you directions on what to do next.

Also, if you haven't let me know how you would like to be listed on the website, please do so ASAP so that I can indicate who has been assigned to each card.

Those of you who recently requested joining the list, I will complete your readings and assign you to a card very soon.

Now, to continue my story...

After telling H about my dream he mentioned someone whom I should talk to, who unfortunately lives on another continent. I told him I should leave immediately as I had quite a bit of traveling to do.

"You'll have to wait until morning. There is nobody here to take you back down the mountain and you cannot go alone in the dark."

I assented and asked him about living here in such a forbidding place.

"I have not choice. I am kind of a prisoner here."

When I protested H waived his hand dismissively.

"Do not worry about me. Wealth has its comforts. I can do a great deal of studying here and I am learning much about the present situation. I can also study the skies. And I have people who come and go to bring me things, thing that are difficult to get, and they also bring me company and tell me stories about the world."

"Like me?" I laughed.

"Like you, although you are company of a different sort."

"How so?" I asked.

"You're visit is going to require rallying the troops, so to speak."

"I am doing a little of that as well."

H sighed, then smiled a tight little smile. "Unfortunately, we're going to need all the help we can get. I have a small group of people whom I can bring together in situations like this, but I'm going to need your help, and the help of your friends. It's a very delicate process. We cannot communicate with them using traditional means."

"I understand. How many?"

"I have six friends in six different parts of the world. The first you will go to is in a place separated by mountains named for a character in Greek Mythology."

"When do I leave?"

"My personal assistant, Melissa, will meet you here in the morning and drive you to the airport. She will then accompany you on your journey."

"Whatever for?" I asked.

"You may need her assistance, and her protection."

I hesitated. "Protection...from a woman?"

H laughed, "That's a bit sexist."

"I certainly don't mean it like that. I was just wondering what sort of protection you're referring to."

"Let's hope you don't have to find out," H said.

That's all for now, friends. I will be in touch soon.

Best Wishes,
Winter