Author Topic: Winter Sylvana’s mysterious e-mail  (Read 2862 times)

Offline amandel

Re: Winter Sylvana’s mysterious e-mail
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2018, 08:53:49 PM »
Is this related to The Card Keepers https://cardkeepers.wordpress.com/  Where Winter bids farewell?  Is it related at all?  A reboot?

Hi Emato. To my mind this is a completely new, standalone story in the Winter Sylvana world. After Winter bid farewell for the second time in Cardkeepers history in that Wordpress (beaut find btw) she returned in the Spring of 2016 when she took us on a quest of lost literary treasures from an ancient library founded prior to the Hellenistic era. Then like now she was journeying alone and her deep tarot knowledge was the only constant. Those websites aren't available which like the demise of uF's archives is a great pity. My recollection of events is likely faulty although my memories of rewarding experiences with Winter remain vivid.
"I could write a hell of a paper on a grown man who dresses like a flying rodent."

Offline Lunsford

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2018, 01:07:46 PM »
Received this email today:

Dearest Friends,

After leaving Leila we hired a car and gave the driver a carefully drawn map that Leila had made for us. Michelle and I sat in the backseat as he drove us through the mountains to a place called the Abbey of Saint-Savin en Lavedan.

The woman who greeted us at the visitor's center called herself Sister Margaret, and she gave us some literature on Benedictine Abbeys and an application for attending a spiritual retreat. When we asked about Charlemagne she said she wasn't an expert but would go get Phil, who was a Benedictine monk and on-sight historian. While she was gone we noticed a young man with a scruffy beard and rumpled jacket taking pictures and eavesdropping on our conversation. He sidled up to Michelle and pressed a business card in her hand.

"I advise you to leave quickly, before she returns. You are in danger if you stay here. I don't think you realize what you're getting into. Meet me in Lourdes tomorrow afternoon. And bring the card.

After a quick consultation we decided to take his advice. After all, we could always come back and make our apologies if we decided to continue talking to Margaret and Phil. So we jumped in the car and implored our driver to take us back to Leila's house.

On the way we studied the card the man had given Michelle. On one side was printed his name and contact information. He was a German photographer named Paul. On the back of the card was printed a rather cryptic message:

(8)
Saturn
Caelus
Neptune
Apollo

More soon...

Best Wishes,
Winter

Offline amandel

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2018, 12:09:27 PM »
Quote from: Winter's reply to Russell from page 2
A further hint for your efforts:
The eight is simply a quantity.

Saturn is also known as...

Since Winter's latest email is titled "Vessel" am sharing what's been banging around in my brain for awhile:
Saturn=Cronus (as clever Escobar noted) Caelus=Uranus Neptune=Poseidon and Apollo=Sol/Sun

Neither the "8 of cups" or the 8 letter word "chalices" has worked anywhere as a file extension etc. so likely the above is simply part of Winter's secret baking recipe? HTH ;D
"I could write a hell of a paper on a grown man who dresses like a flying rodent."

Offline reesylou

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2018, 06:37:02 PM »
Hi all

I wondered where the arg community had disappeared to.  Now I have found you!!  I have been following along with this by myself, and not really doing much, but noticed a couple of things that may (or may not) be important.

I only just yesterday received the email with the names of the gods in it.... and as far as I can tell, the answer is 'elements'.

Also, take a look at the page background on the home page: https://www.sylvanastories.com/uploads/2/7/0/1/27018686/background-images/961145962.jpeg

Offline ARGWorld

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2018, 02:41:32 AM »
New e-mail:

Dear Ones,

Our story begins again in a new destination. Michelle and I are on a train heading there now. Our job is to take down a multinational corporation, whose identity must remain secret at the moment for your protection and ours.

This coming week I will summarize the story up until now and also give you some more background information about my traveling companion Michelle. Then the real work shall begin.

In the meantime, please tell me your favorite place to visit, either to travel to or in your own city. Then I can look ahead to something pleasant after all this is over.

All my best always,
Winter

Offline amandel

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2018, 08:11:06 AM »
Hi All & good to see you reesylou! On Winter's latest tweet (https://twitter.com/wintersylvana) there's a number string on the image:
Spoiler: show
It's a simple sub solving to "lutetia" LINK; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutetia
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:52:55 AM by amandel »

Offline Escobar

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2018, 09:12:54 AM »
New email:

“Dear Ones,

Last night I dreamed that there was a great flowering, which is a dream more appropriate for spring. Then I realized that the flowers were coming from the end of a wand, and I knew when I woke up that this was a time of new beginnings.

Sometimes, we mistake inspiration for restlessness, and even anxiety, especially when the light is receding, as it is now in the northern hemisphere. Changes in season can be cause for celebration...and depression.

Now is the time to follow your heart. The Ace of Wands is asking you to harness your restless energy and begin to work towards your dreams, no matter what it takes. This is a time when the boundaries between the worlds grow thin, and as all the life around us recedes into the chill of autumn, the muse can travel more freely, lighting the fire of inspiration in your soul.

If you wish, tell me your dream and what is holding you back, and I will draw a single card for you and let you know the first step you need to take to move forward.

All My Love,
Winter”

Offline Escobar

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2018, 09:15:58 AM »
And a password protected link on Twitter

https://sylvanastories.wordpress.com/2018/09/19/seasons/

Are we restarting again?

Offline amandel

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2018, 03:50:26 PM »
Hi and Super TY, Eskea 'tho that PW has me 100 % stumped. Am attaching the jpeg for those not following on Winter's twitter.

Maybe the first 4 letters from The Arcane (map of Asia Minor) form an acrostic? Maybe this is a dufos path but it's not a tattoo, right. :P

COINS= Lydia (http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/themes/money/the_origins_of_coinage.aspx)
 CUPS= Antioch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antioch_chalice)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 03:52:32 PM by amandel »

Offline Jeet

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2018, 10:27:34 PM »
Sword could be the kilij?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilij
But Syria cropped out of Winter's map (and so I assume there is a reason for that)

Offline amandel

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2018, 10:22:48 AM »
**Happy Dancing** with the Seasons PW which I quickly skimmed. Personally, I <3 our new path & am excited for more.

Jeet's "kilij" looks like a solid lead, germane to this ancient world. Haven't looked for clues & hope y'all have time to do so.

Spoiler:  Seasons PW • show
PW is "equinox" (case sensitive)

Offline Escobar

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2018, 03:58:29 AM »
New twitter post: “"For it is in giving that we receive." ~St. Francis of Assisi” and a password protected blog “Founded”

Offline amandel

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2018, 02:09:52 PM »
Hi. Am giving a hint to the "Founded" PW in case anyone is very keen on solving it, also. So, "case sensitive" is irrelevant and it's NOT a who or what answer. It does move the story along nicely with maybe some clues to research. Cyas.

Spoiler: Founded PW • show
1209 (In 1209 Francis led his first 11 followers to Rome to seek permission from Pope Innocent III to found a new religious order)

Offline Jeet

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »
Wow! Great story! Am really looking forward to more :)

And thanks so much with the PW help, Amandel!