Author Topic: Timekeepers  (Read 3124 times)

Offline amandel

Re: Timekeepers
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
Hi. Just also got an email from GJ. Sorta Congrats to me 'tho I really want a LOT of input/help in doing what "staff" requests b/c am a little unsure what they need/mean and mostly b/c this way will be more fun. Please y'all.

Spoiler: show
You have answered:

Big Ben
GMT +1

This is a correct-type response.

Please choose an agent name for the website.

You will be contacted with further instructions.

-Staff
Am Simply Following Alice...

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »
So, I probably have to do:

New York
GMT-5

Offline Russell

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 11:38:50 AM »
Yep my response back matched Amandel so location and timezone needed.

The POE area has been removed and replaced with an agent area which is currently under construction:

http://www.timekeeperstories.com/agents.html

So you know who I am, I went with Hermes (the divine trickster ;D)

Also in the regards to the as yet unused YONOFF, I wondered if it linked back to the three light bulbs on one of the original tweets and the home page of time keepers but changing the 0's to 1's in the designation000 site resulted in no new leads.

And a new mail from Georgia:

Dear Trusted Friends,

My first day in D.C. was strange and also somewhat productive. I landed at Dulles and was greeted by my dear friend Mari who lives nearby and will be working with me during this trip.

As we headed to the car rental office she asked about our agenda.

"I have two tips already," I said, "The U.S. Botanic Garden and the Sphinx club."

Mari laughed. "Well, the Garden is lovely and we can go there today, but the Sphinx club is going to require a reservation, and it's probably booked up for quite awhile. I'll talk to my friend Jonah about it--he sometimes knows how to jump the line at places like that."

After stopping to use the restrooms, we waited in line at the rental office.

"What's the status on Designation 000?" Mari asked.

"Well," I said, "I may have a few potential contacts who live nearby, but I may also assign them to other important locations in that area."

"I see. What's the other Designation?"

"We're still working on 000."

"Sounds good. And what did you say the name was that is your clue to finding your father's friend?"

"Attis."

"Hmmmm...interesting. Well, I'll give that some thought and pass it along to Jonah too. He has a mind for that type of thing."

We finally got to the front of the line and got our car. I took the keys and headed out to the parking lot, Mari close behind. When we got to our car I handed her the keys and told her to drive, since she is not only a better driver but more familiar with the area. She hadn't brought her own vehicle, of course.

Just as I was tossing my small bag into the backseat a woman came running toward us.

"Excuse me! Excuse me Ms. Jonasen!"

I turned. "Yes?"

"I have a message for you. The call just came in."

"Somebody called the rental office?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"They didn't say. They just wanted me to pass along a message."

"What is it?" I asked anxiously.

"You can't put a lid on liberty."

"You can't put a lid on liberty?"

"That's correct. Does it mean anything to you?" she asked.

I hesitated. "Um, no, but I understand the nature of the message. Thank you very much."

The girl turned to go. Mari and I looked at each other, shrugged, and got in the car to begin our day.

To be continued...

-GJ

and now for the crazy conspiracy theory sites =) 

This may have some useful info:  http://www.washingtondcschamberofsecrets.com/absolute-proof.html

I would say that the Phrygian cap is probably the lead to follow but to where.....
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 12:08:49 PM by Russell »

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 12:10:23 PM »
Russell beat me to it with the new e-mail 😁

Have to do some work on the technical part of the forumin an hour or so. Will look more indepth into the new info afterwards 😁

Offline Russell

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 12:13:27 PM »
I wonder if we may be directing them to the capitol building:

In 1854, when sculptor Thomas Crawford was preparing models for sculpture for the United States Capitol, Secretary of War Jefferson Davis (later to be the President of the Confederate States of America) insisted that a Phrygian cap not be included on a Statue of Freedom, on the grounds that "American liberty is original and not the liberty of the freed slave". The cap was not included in the final bronze version that is now in the building.

You cant but a lid (....phrygian cap) on liberty....???

Offline Escobar

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 01:35:01 PM »
Think you're on to something there.... The Phrygian Cap of Attis is also known as The Red Cap of Liberty ;D

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 01:44:33 PM »
I too can now chose an agent name and replied that I want Dominic1978.

That should secure my anonymity 😉
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:21:39 AM by Dominic1978 »

Offline Escobar

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »
Does anyone followed up on the lead of Mount Vernon yet? I found myself stumbled on a website about George Washingtons Mount Vernon, which is now a museum about the liberation of slaves... What do you guys think? Could this be something or not? If it is I will share the website here.

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 04:14:27 PM »
Not yet. Plan to look deeper into this one over the weekend and also check the other potential arg in trailheads.

My agent account was added, but I'm currently waiting for more info and when to log in.

Offline amandel

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2017, 04:15:36 PM »
Feel free to share, Es. I <3 to read. Found a puzzle page that's *spoilered*. Rushed here to share so am clueless abt it.  :o

Offline Russell

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »
Well if it turns out that the capitol building is correct then the two link in to each other since the reason that the statue of freedom atop it doesnt have the phrygian cap is because slaves were historically given the cap on Manumission and the slave Jefferson Davis thought it an absolute affront that this symbol of emancipation could be displayed for all to see.

**edit, Amandel you never cease to amaze me but how did you find that link?

**edit2. Im so stupid, what else could on off be  :-\
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 04:19:39 PM by Russell »

Offline amandel

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »
You guys are the Capitol sleuths. Hats (or caps) Off to ya. A thought about the new puzzle below:

If it's a Binary conversion, then 01010010 is R

Offline Russell

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2017, 04:44:24 PM »
Yeah thats as far as i got.  I then thought since it was on/off that maybe you reversed it but that didnt help...

Offline amandel

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 03:17:00 AM »
Hi. Got an email (spoiler below) from GJ mentioning an update which I haven't found or it would be *spoilered*, too. :P

Dear Amandel,

Progress is always worth sharing.

The letter R is correct and Designation 000 has been updated
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:18:36 AM by amandel »

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2017, 03:54:54 AM »