Author Topic: Timekeepers  (Read 3125 times)

Offline Dominic1978

Re: Timekeepers
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2017, 10:02:00 AM »
Also, look at us being famous 😁

Offline Russell

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2017, 11:05:34 AM »
New tweet:

Sometimes when solving problems it helps to look for precedents.

They liked my suggestion of egg but clearly not the right answer  ;D

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2017, 11:41:19 AM »
Precedents sounds like Presidents. In DC.

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2017, 12:40:28 PM »
New e-mail:

Spoiler: show

The first thing Mari and I did was head to the US Botanic Gardens on a tip from a friend. After wandering around for a bit we went to the gift shop and asked about Attis. Nobody had any idea what we were talking about.

However, later, when we went to have lunch, we encountered a pretty strong clue. Somebody left a postcard on our windshield, wedged under one of the windshield wipers, which gave us both a start.

"Are we being followed?" Mari asked, alarmed.

"Possibly," I said, pulling the post card out and looking at it carefully. "But if we are being followed it might be by a friend rather than a foe. This is a post card of a statue of Attis wearing a Phrygian cap."

"Oh!" Mari exclaimed. "Where is the statue located?"

"This particular statue is at the Louvre."

"Paris! How can that be? I thought we were supposed to look in D.C."

"Don't worry," I said, "I think we're supposed to be in D.C. I'm certainly not jetting off to France. I think this is just another clue. I knew it wouldn't be easy to find my father. I'm expecting a long and winding road with lots of twists and turns."

Mari nodded. "Okay, well let's go eat and put our heads together to see if we can solve this."

To be continued...

Offline Escobar

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2017, 01:48:35 PM »
Designation 000 has been updated again  8)

Offline Escobar

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2017, 02:05:50 PM »
Just a thought here:

The Letter O is the debut album from Damian Lillard, under the moniker Dame D.O.L.L.A., which stands for Different on Levels the Lord Allows

Offline amandel

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »
Agree 100% with your above *spoiler*, Es. Nice Russell, hope you succeed in sleuthing out the 2nd consonant/letter (??)

**Humming Long and Winding Road** due to GJ's email posted above. Believe the Attis statue in the Louvre is the Terracotta one from Tarsus. A "tarsus" is also a major segment of a beetle's (and some other insects) leg. Naha, didn't want to send GJ off to some esoteric Entomology museum (...admit my own bug fascination  :D) so I reread the email and feel I may have found a subtle lead from the PM.

There, GJ says she's "expecting a long and winding road". When I googled "beetles/beatles" and Washington DC the surprise was an entire Wiki subsection for the Washington Coliseum, the venue for the Beatles' first US concert. Just leaving this conjecture here 'til we all catch a breath from the puzzle at hand for more discussion. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Coliseum

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:39:55 PM by amandel »
Am Simply Following Alice...

Offline Escobar

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2017, 03:42:31 PM »
Answer from GJ: Excellent work! The letter is indeed O and the website will be updated to reflect this.

Offline Dominic1978

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:17:52 PM by Dominic1978 »

Offline Escobar

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2017, 05:02:28 PM »
Lets assume we should make a choice between the two given letters... This might somewhat of a lead about what one of the outcomes can be. Your thoughts?

R.G.O. = Royal Observatory, Greenwich, formerly the Royal Greenwich Observatory in London, England

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
That seems the best option imo.

Offline amandel

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2017, 06:07:30 PM »
Good that I checked here before posting RGO to timekeeper's twitter. Am pretty certain that's the answer when I noticed that the RGO's "observatory code is 000". So, pretty plse post that on her twitter. Heading to Sleepyville now.
Am Simply Following Alice...

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2017, 02:03:38 AM »
New e-mail and mention of an upcoming e-mail:

Dear Trusted Friends,

This will be brief as it's very late and I need to get some sleep before our big day tomorrow. Saturday we went to the Capitol, and we definitely uncovered new leads as to the whereabouts of my father. Thank you to everyone who figured out where we should go! There was so much information to process that we spent most of the day today deciding what to do next. I'll share more in tomorrow's email.

As of right now, we are meeting up with a new contact at Washington Union Station tomorrow afternoon around the time of the eclipse happening here in North America.

To be continued...

Offline Escobar

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2017, 02:43:50 AM »
GJ answer on designation 000:

Great work!

You are correct and the complete puzzle solve is now on the website.

More soon...

Offline Russell

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2017, 04:07:34 AM »
New page from the tweet "proven by an eclipse":