Author Topic: Timekeepers  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Russell

Re: Timekeepers
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2017, 06:02:55 PM »
nn Amandel, the fact that we are literally told that everything is a clue and this is the second time that phrase came up would suggest another link but havent been able to come across one yet.  Will keep trying and let you know if I get anywhere!

Offline Apis

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2017, 07:53:50 PM »
Sorry, Amandel, I made a Twitter like 4 years ago, logged in once, and then forgot all of my info and never logged in again. I don't know if I even have access to the right email address anymore ^_^||

This is probably a lot of nothing, but I was looking around for possible connections to Long and Winding Road, and it looks it was released in 1970.
Other things that happened during 1970:
Spoiler: show
Niels Bohr had already been deceased for 8 yrs. But Aage Bohr, Niels's son, won the H.C. ěrsted Medal for his work in physics (couldn't find much specific without spending too much time on it, and I have class to study for, whoops) and he stepped down from being head of the Niels Bohr Institute that year. At the same time Stephen Hawking "published a proof that if the universe obeys the general theory of relativity and fits any of the models of physical cosmology developed by Alexander Friedmann, then it must have begun as a singularity." (I tried /singularity on D000, no dice.) I'll  try looking more into on Friedmann and Hawking's work in 1970 later.

ETA: also, "In 1970, Hawking postulated what became known as the second law of black hole dynamics, that the event horizon of a black hole can never get smaller"

Edit #2 because procrastination is fun: "just as in the law of thermodynamics," --D000/atom page. The laws of black hole dynamics "seek to reconcile the laws of thermodynamics with the existence of black-hole event horizons."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:44:33 PM by Apis »

Offline Escobar

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2017, 12:37:18 AM »
New email from Georgia: "Eclipsed"

Dear Trusted Friends,

Even a partial eclipse is a reason for awe. Seeing the cool disk of the moon begin to slide in front of the bright eye of our solar system is a both lovely and troublesome.

We watched the eclipse with the elderly man, who told us to call him Hans. He told us the story of how people reacted to the eclipse in ancient times. There was fear and retribution and bloodshed. People prayed and made sacrifices. People wept and even stared at the sun until they were blind.

But there were always scientists, as far back as there is a record of history, who knew why eclipses happened and who created mathematical formulas to predict them.

Just as there are scientists now who might be able to understand and even predict strange phenomena. 

What if those scientists knew something was going to happen, and didn't tell us about it? What then?

We laughed and told Hans that he was pretty crazy. He just shrugged and told us that when he was doing research back in the nineties he met a man who called himself Attis. He believed that he now lived in the United States and was a hermit, but that he still communicated with people through the dark web.

"What in the hell is the dark web?" Mari asked.

"I'm not sure," I said, "but I'm guessing something like Silk Road?"

"What?" said Mari "I heard that guy went to prison for life. I'm not messing around with any dark web."

Hans chuckled. "It's okay. I know a guy. We'll go there later this week. Meet me at the coffee shop across from my hotel on Thursday and I'll take you there. He may be able to contact Attis this way."

We agreed to meet.

To be continued...

Offline Escobar

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2017, 01:34:49 AM »
And a new tweet:

Hello again, agents. You should know that this machine is not your con-

Offline amandel

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2017, 04:44:03 AM »
Morning All. Thx, Escobar. A lil thought about the tweet. Am leaving twitter replies etc. to y'all due to a work conference.

Possibly something regarding "fusion" and/or "fission". Happy sleuthing all.
Am Simply Following Alice...

Offline Escobar

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2017, 06:50:17 AM »
Have fun Amandel. Im hoping you can enlight me when you come back on your thoughts about the tweet. Why do you think that?

I stumbled on the following website, which could be another idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion.  Its supposed to be impossible to build such a machine, 'cause its violates the laws of thermodynamics, but there are rumours that such a thing IS possible. Although most stories are reviewed as cons... On the wiki page they even mention 'timecrystals' 

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:52:47 AM by Escobar »

Offline Apis

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2017, 12:10:14 AM »
Found the page hinted at in the machine tweets.

http://designation000.com/accelerator.html
Haven't had a chance to figure out anything else from it yet. But, Escobar, I think you're on the right track with your link, because the page says:
"sets everything in motion.

Again.

Again.

Again." 

edit: For the little code at the end,
 ROT25 gives us
"STORYISKEY
OXFFGXRMOILW"

No idea what to do with that, but the story is key and then something about off?
Edit again: it is late and I am dumb. STORY is the key to the second line.

PYGGHYSNPJMX = TELLMEASTORY
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:28:27 AM by Apis »

Offline Escobar

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2017, 01:16:04 AM »
Excellent find Apis!! How did you got it?

New email from GJ:

Dear Trusted Friends,

You have accomplished much as a group, now it's time for you to receive individual missions to further hone and test your abilities.

First, if you haven't already please choose an Agent name for the website:

http://www.timekeeperstories.com

Next, without knowing the nature of the missions, you must choose one of three mission types:

Person
Place
Thing

Email your choice ASAP. Detailed missions will be sent out early next week.

Thank you!

Offline Russell

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2017, 04:12:02 AM »
Great work All! I will be choosing person as I love finding out about how people changed the world even in small ways!  Anyone going for thing?

Offline Escobar

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2017, 04:48:02 AM »
Got myself assigned to find a place 8)

Offline Russell

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2017, 04:57:00 AM »
Oh and i just worked out how you got the new page!

The latest tweet stated that this machine was not your conCERN

Offline amandel

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2017, 05:34:03 AM »
Excellent, Apis!! Wonder if you email GJ your clever Keyed Rot solve whether you'll get a special reply. *crosses fingers* for ya

Offline Escobar

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2017, 06:09:20 AM »
Oh and i just worked out how you got the new page!

The latest tweet stated that this machine was not your conCERN

Of course! I was waaaaayyyy overthinking this  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Apis

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2017, 08:32:15 AM »
I also went for a Person mission.

Excellent, Apis!! Wonder if you email GJ your clever Keyed Rot solve whether you'll get a special reply. *crosses fingers* for ya

I was going to do that when I got home from work (my phone doesn't like email for some reason) but I decided to Google the phrase instead, and I got this:
 https://m.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/tell-me-story with the notable section:
Tell me a story. Make it a story of great distances, and starlight. The name of the story will be Time, But you must not pronounce its name. Tell me a story of deep delight.
so I think it might just be another clue. I may send her that, though, to see what happens

Offline amandel

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2017, 10:15:54 AM »
Spot on, Apis! Was unfamiliar with Robert Penn Warren's poem which moved me & leads to new pages *spoilered*

http://designation000.com/time.html Contains another "long and winding road" quote & a"royal-observatory-greenwich.jpg" which shows the Prime Meridian leading to http://designation000.com/meridian.html containing a quote from Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:58:03 AM by amandel »