Author Topic: Timekeepers  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Apis

Re: Timekeepers
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2017, 10:29:22 AM »
Way to go, Amandel!

Offline amandel

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2017, 11:09:47 AM »
TY 'tho you were the true "accelerator", Apis.  8) My *ladybug* instincts feel there might be even more. So, have left part of the Woolf quote at twitter to apprise GJ where we are & to sympathize a bit as she seems so very alone. I ran out of characters there (dang twitter) so I will give you deserved Props if/when she replies to my tweet.

EDIT: The latest "designation" page has been modified to include a list of numbers, imo year dates. Cyas...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 12:38:11 PM by amandel »
Am Simply Following Alice...

Offline Russell

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2017, 04:15:28 PM »
Based on some of the dates in that list:

1514, Johann Werner of Nuremberg suggested using the Moon as an astronomical clock.

1687 - Newton publishes principia mathematica

1884 - First International Meridian Conference

1894 - French anarchist Martial Bourdin attempts to destroy the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, London, England, with a bomb, killing himself instead.

1913 - Portuguese adopt Meridian time

Am looking at a link with the other dates.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 04:20:35 PM by Russell »

Offline Escobar

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »
Here is my list, some are different from yours, but maybe we are both right :)

1514   Establishment of Leonardo da Vinci, who concentrates on scientific research at the Cortile del Belvedere in Rome.
1687   Isaac Newton's the Principia, is published by the Royal Society of London. In it, Newton describes his theory of universal gravitation, explains the laws of mechanics (including Newton's laws of motion), gives a formula for the speed of sound and demonstrates that Earth is an oblate spheroid. The concepts in the Principia become the foundations of modern physics.
1884   International Meridian Conference in Washington, D.C. fixes the Greenwich meridian as the world's prime meridian
1894   Syzygy: Mercury transits the Sun as seen from Venus, and Mercury and Venus both simultaneously transit the Sun as seen from Saturn.
1913   Niels Bohr presents his quantum model of the atom
1915   Bohr atomic model with elliptic orbits
1916   Relativity theory by Einstein
1922   Niels Bohr wins Nobelprize for physics
1927   Fritz London and Walter Heitler apply quantum mechanics to explain covalent bonding in the hydrogen molecule, which marks the birth of quantum chemistry.
1930   The Moon moves into perigee at the same time as the lunar phase reaches its fullest. This is the closest moon distance and it will not come closer until 2257
1941   Chemical element 94, plutonium, is first synthesized, but was kept a secret / Virginia Woolf commits suicide
1945   The first atomic bomb was detonated in the New Mexico
2012   The discovery of the Higgs boson
2015   Gravitational waves, Einstein's ripples in spacetime, spotted for first time
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 06:49:09 PM by Escobar »

Offline Russell

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2017, 07:08:26 AM »
New email on the personal mission:

Spoiler: show
Your person is: Benjamin Franklin

You will receive your first parameters in the next 24-48 hours.

“Fiction is like a spider's web, attached ever so lightly perhaps, but still attached to life at all four corners.”

-GJ 

Offline amandel

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2017, 06:37:02 AM »
THX. Those lists are awesome. Am stymied why they're attached to Virginia Woolf quote or why the email above ends with another quote. Still, possibly we're looking for "A Room of One's Own", meaning OUR own room on the web 'tho I've had zero luck searching.

The latest email is titled "Selected for the particular circumstances". That's the mathematics definition of parameter.
The last line seems cluey. Also, there's a letter string cipher/code ending http://www.timekeeperstories.com/blog/the-target

Hans introduced us to his friend Ele, a twenty-something woman who wore all black, including copious amounts of eye make-up, and who looked like a throwback to the nineties, complete with combat boots. She took us to her apartment where she lived with several anti-social cats and many computer monitors. After getting on her computer and surfing around a bit she logged into a chatroom she called a virtual dark corner. The chatroom was empty and she waited for someone to show up. Finally, she started typing in a chat window and began bouncing around in her seat. "I can't believe this! I can't believe it!" she said.

"Who is it?" I asked, leaning forward and trying to see. "Is it Attis?"

"No, my god, even better."

"Who?"

"Well, he doesn't really go by any name."

"What do you mean? How do you know who you're talking to?"

"Let's just say he lives here."

"Here? Where?"

She nodded toward the screen.

"In your computer?"

She burst out laughing. "No, no, nothing like that. Listen, do you like poetry?"

I had no idea where this was going but decided to play along. "Sure."

"You know about metaphors, similes, all that?"

"Of course! I mean, I did go to college."

"Think of him has a metaphor."

"Is that his name? Metaphor?"

She shook her head impatiently. "No, no. You still don't get it. You're being WAY too literal."

"Okay, okay. I see. In that case, let me take some notes so I can think about this later. Is that okay?"

"That's better."

"He lives in the dark web?"

"Yes."

"Does he know Attis?"

She turned and typed into the chat window. When the response came back she turned to me and said, "Yes."

"Can he tell me where I can find Attis?"

She shrugged. "He said to bring him something. Something he likes."

"What does he like?"

She shrugged again.

"Can't you ask him?"

"No, he's gone now. I'm amazed that he even spoke to me at all."

"Can I share this information with others?"

"Like who?"

"I have people helping me find my father."

"Do they know the whole story? About your father?"

I shook my head.

"Well, maybe they wouldn't help you if they knew."

"They will know everything soon enough." I said.

Ele looked at me strangely for a long time time and said, "It's already too late."

"I know, but sometimes we feel better when we think we there is still action to be taken and lives to be saved," I said.

She frowned, then asked, "Do you think there is still action to be taken?"

I hesitated and then said, "Yes."

"Time is a circle and all that bullshit?"

I smiled, "Or, I guess you could say, time is a web."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:24:50 AM by amandel »

Offline Russell

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2017, 11:18:15 AM »
talking of webs:

Three more definitions of parameter.

Also some info on Trivium, Quadrivium and philosophy:

Firstly the trivium, consisting of grammar, logic and rhetoric. This was followed by the quadrivium consisting of arithmetic, geometry, music and astronomy. In turn, the quadrivium was considered preparatory work for the study of philosophy (sometimes called the "liberal art par excellence") and theology.

No luck on the cipher yet though =(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:38:22 AM by Russell »

Offline Escobar

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2017, 05:33:32 PM »
Keep thinking that the code could be a anagram, instead of a cypher (b/c im stuck on that road)

I go the *spoilered* part so far. Not sure what to do with the capital Z, seems a starting point (or a name) to me. So, answer below can't be correct, but was appropiate enough to share  ;)

Annihilate the target by sunset. Do not refuse
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:35:40 PM by Escobar »

Offline Russell

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2017, 07:16:50 PM »
Well even without the caps, that seems very appropriate. Care to share your method?

Offline Escobar

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2017, 04:38:57 AM »
Sure! I used website: http://boulter.com/anagram/ and pick words that seem appropriate. After each word I update the grid, but there are so many variables that I took me hours to get this far... :(

Offline amandel

« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »
WOW Escobar, you're now my official blackmail letter writer! Betcha GJ would be interested, too. Am still pondering the symmetry of 23letters~Z~23letters(maybe 2x a 24hours clock?). And re Z this is my best guess: "Zulu Time is the name for the letter Z in the ICAO spelling alphabet, a reference to the equivalent nautical time zone (GMT), which has been denoted by a Z since about 1950."

Why more Beatles in spider.html (nice find R)? Please, GJ "Let It Be". Finally, new blog:http://www.timekeeperstories.com/blog/keep-time

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:43:34 AM by amandel »

Offline Russell

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2017, 09:20:09 AM »
Has anyone received their missions?

Offline Escobar

« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2017, 03:56:29 PM »
Yes, but after that no parameters. Im thinking we should find them in the mail and the blogs afterwards,  but I find myself pretty clueless  ;D

Offline amandel

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2017, 06:28:49 AM »
Hello all! Ditto on being clueless. Thought the mission was to "first open the channels" with "nowhere" maybe as a hint?

Have also been wondering how Apis is faring as he/she is, I believe, in Dallas. Still checking source codes etc. with zero luck. :o

Offline Russell

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2017, 02:32:51 PM »
New tweet pointing to the existing latest blog story so i guess we need to find a black hand page or twitter account.....

Things unsolved so far:

**Edit 1 - Also a new tweet "I get by with a little help from my friends: http://www.timekeeperstories.com/about.html "

Not sure if this is pointing us at finding accounts for the individual people or pointing us into investigating the CPA, the conjecture app or Chester A Arthur.

**Edit 2 - New email

Closer to Attis

Dear Trusted Friends,

Had a "meeting" with Spider, which was really just an encrypted chat using a PGP chat program. Found out that while Attis is still the end goal (and nobody knows where he is--yet), we might have overlooked some important information about Hans, chiefly WHY he wanted to meet at Washington Union Station and what link that might have to my mission to find my father.

Essentially, Spider told us that Hans knows much more than he let on.

Mari and I went back to the hotel where Hans was staying, only to find out that he checked out over the weekend. The concierge played dumb as to where he went but then said coyly, "I could leave a message, in case he checks back with us for some reason. Which I'm sure he won't." I went ahead and gave him the Time Keepers email address and alerted my staff that he may try to contact us that way.

Meanwhile, Spider is planning to meet us at the National Museum of Natural History later this afternoon.

I'm excited because I love dinosaur bones and old pots and being in a museum makes me feel as if nothing is real.

Edit 3 - New Tweet "I'd love to be in a field that really dishes the dirt"

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 02:56:38 PM by Russell »