Author Topic: Cafe and Diner  (Read 32 times)

Offline catherwood

Cafe and Diner
« on: August 08, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »
They act like an actual diner/cafe in southern California, but look more closely at the images in their Twitter feed and you'll see plenty of clues.

https://twitter.com/Cafe_and_Diner

https://www.cafeanddiner.com

I haven't solved any yet, and their tweets imply that only one person has gotten access to their "chat" meeting. Early days, yet.

Offline catherwood

Re: Cafe and Diner
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 11:16:59 PM »
I extracted the QRcodes from all of the twitter images. They lead to images which might be clues?

I unstretched all of the text in the other twitter images. They lead to a storage site which requires a password to decrypt the contents, but I've not found anything which works.

I see quite a few URL extensions (in the form of /subdirectory) but none of them work on the only domain I know of right now, the website of the Cafe and Diner.

I've read the thread on reddit (as painful as that is for me to navigate) and the most I can infer is that there is another website hinted at somewhere, somehow, and passwords have been solved and used.  They don't post answers there, not even under spoiler tags. 

I am lost and frustrated.  I read the tweets talking about an upcoming meeting and I don't even know where the RSVP is located.  The twitter account keeps making reference to a hashtag which is so generic and popular (and possibly trademarked) that I cannot believe that will lead me to a hidden website alone.

"Make sure to check out some #GoodEats!" Yeah, like I didn't see that from the beginning, like I didn't already try every hashtag they've been posting since day one.  That is not a helpful nudge at all.  (Sorry, I'm beginning to vent, as if they're reading this, as if anyone at all is reading this).

I've made a spreadsheet with all of the staff names, their employee numbers, and other bits of info from the site.  I have a list of a very specific version of Tarot cards, a songlist on Spotify, and nicknames of other characters. Where do I go next?

I can post all of the things I've found, but why bother?