Author Topic: [Trail] Do you know who i am before i gone missing?  (Read 293 times)

Offline kosmopol

[Trail] Do you know who i am before i gone missing?
« on: August 17, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »
This trail was posted at Unfiction by kaaate, who works in London Underground as tube driver. She found end of the May 2017 an envelope with a photo and message in:

Nr(?) Gt. Yarmouth
Aug. 15 - 22. 1940 (or 1970, or 19YO)

• We weren't sure, if it's 1940, 1970 or 19YO
  • The English in the sentence "Do you know who i am before i gone missing?" is incorrect, wich could lead us to some non-english native speakers

Later, middle of July another person, aka literary Journal FUNHOUSE (https://twitter.com/funhousemag) found another envelope:

Port Soderick
I.O.M. 1968

This time we were more successful: the photo was shoot in Isle of Men (I.O.M.), exactly in this location.

There were a hypothesis, it could be a viral for "Dunkirk", but there weren't any developments.
We could also find similiarities of the Raven on the evelope with the signature of Royal Air Force Squadron 245:

Source: https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/blog/heraldic-badges-halloween-edition/

Please add something I've missed so far.

I'm trying to follow and write a summary about it also in my blog.

Offline Dominic1978

Re: [Trail] Do you know who i am before i gone missing?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 04:39:53 PM »
Looks interesting!

Will get into it over the weekend.

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »
Still interesting, but can't add anything at the moment.

Offline Hiligaynon

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »
There were also questions about whether or not these pictures showed the same person. Although they differ in their facial features, they are both holding a cigarette in their right hand.

Offline Hiligaynon

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 05:53:53 PM »
Here some brainstorming. What I found out so far:

During WWII, Great Yarmouth (first picture, dated presumably August 1940) suffered severe bombings by the German Luftwaffe.  As of Isle of Man (second picture, dated 1968), in WWII, citizens of an enemy nation were interned to IOM, especially in May 1940, and especially Jewish emigrants from Germany. Still, it might be good to know if the pictures show the same man or not, so we could see what the year 1968 might refer to.

Also: The Royal Air Force fought the German Luftwaffe, and in August 1940 (see first photo), the Battle of Britain began.

Some said, the first foto would depict a man in 1970 rather than 1940, but I would rather guess that this might have something to do with the Second World War. The only thing I could find was a 1940s Fair remembering the bombings in Great Yarmouth, but this has already taken place in June this year...

Hopefully, there will be more hints or findings, or maybe even counterevidence?

EDIT:
If this shows a (or two) German internee(s) in IOM, it would also explain the grammar mistakes.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 06:03:38 PM by Hiligaynon »

Offline Yokohamasobo

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 01:19:46 AM »
nd of the May 2017 an envelope with a photo and message in