Author Topic: Winter Sylvana - A new season, a new story (e-mail)  (Read 237 times)

Offline Dominic1978

Winter Sylvana - A new season, a new story (e-mail)
« on: April 10, 2019, 07:24:52 AM »
Dear Friends,

A history lesson: The word strategy come from the ancient Greek, "strategia," which means "the art of command." It is a high level plan to achieve your goals under the conditions of uncertainty.

It is also defined as:
a comprehensive way to try to pursue political ends, including the threat or actual use of force, in a dialectic of wills in a military conflict, in which both adversaries interact.

Strategy can be found in military theory, game theory, politics, and legal defense. It has been written about and studied since 500 BC.

Never face your enemies without a strategy. Our next story tells what happens when you do:

https://sylvanastories.wordpress.com/2019/04/10/a-new-season-a-new-story

All my love always,
Winter Sylvana

Offline amandel

Re: Winter Sylvana - A new season, a new story (e-mail)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 07:19:33 AM »
THX for posting the trailhead email with a link to the new Story. UPDATE: Now there's also a LOCKED section. The key to unlock the post there can be  found on Winter's twitter: https://twitter.com/wintersylvana along with a separate, pretty tarot card jpeg puzzle. Cyas...
"I could write a hell of a paper on a grown man who dresses like a flying rodent."

Offline Russell

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 10:59:51 AM »
Couple of updates to me from Winter after the locked session:

Excellent work! Now you must help Katia find the Bishop, whoever that may be. Your comment about the lockers is apt, but that move lays further across the board. Not sure where Katia should go next, on the UT Austin college campus. I've included sections about people and maps on the site. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

As a reward for your hard work, I'll give you one more clue:
Spoiler: show
FIN

All my best,
Winter

I couldn't find that location on the map of UT Texas even when checking the directory.

https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/campus/buildings/nlogon/facilities/UTM/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:11:51 AM by Russell »

Offline Jeet

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 09:17:03 AM »
I got the same email as Russell but my clue was different.
PHY

Offline Russell

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 03:46:39 PM »
What did you get Amandel?

Offline amandel

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 05:37:51 PM »
What did you get Amandel?
Hi and OOPS! I didn't get a clue. Sorry to disappoint. Winter seems steadfast on wanting only the Bishop=3 answer. Wondering why tho.

EDIT: Below is the PW for Locked2 which I only got as I enjoy films much more than chess. (Hint)
wargames
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 05:05:01 AM by amandel »
"I could write a hell of a paper on a grown man who dresses like a flying rodent."

Offline Russell

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 07:46:50 AM »
Good catch Amandel and I believe the next answer is :

FOLLOW

First
Over
Lowest
Lower
On
Wet

Offline Jeet

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »
I had two responses from Winter in my email this morning.

One pertains to the next part of the story posted today as I had suggested Katia visit the UT chess club and she had answered:

"Funny you should mention this, as Katia has come across a flyer for this."

In another email I had suggested that Katia visit the UT University Catholic Center where she might find a bishop, to which she replied:

"This is a great idea! I will pass this along to Katia.

I've also been thinking about Tarot for some reason."

That I think refers to
Hierophant who is sometimes called "the pope card" or in other cases depicted as a Christian bishop
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:19:56 AM by Jeet »

Offline Russell

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 01:39:11 PM »
So a few of my thoughts in case someone finds more than I have.

1. We now have a full name for Tim and the latest clue I think points to a Twitter handle which I have yet to find.

2. Both Tim and Grace are not listed on the people page of the blog which is odd

3. The FIN and PHY and the college map feel like they should have played more of a role. I was working on the assumption of Finance/Fine arts and Physics...

Offline amandel

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 10:50:39 AM »
Good News! Happy Phantom, one of the original Cardkeepers, is awaiting an admin OK for her account here to kick in.
Until then she's asked me to post her CLUE for Locked-1 which I've done below:

ACC

Offline ARGWorld

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 12:16:36 PM »
Hi everyone, I had to lock down the registration a while ago due to an invasion of spam bots, as some of you may remember.
Due to other obligations, I'm not on a lot. So, if you have a friend waiting activation, reach out to me through FB Messenger, Twitter etc. etc.

Offline Russell

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 05:37:32 PM »
Thanks Amandel! So accountancy as well for the mapping..

Welcome back Happy Phantom!

Offline Russell

« Reply #12 on: Today at 03:41:41 AM »
Apologies for double post but a new update and further musings:

A message from Winter in regards to the last clue was "complete the phrase" and a new Twitter picture from all the presidents men. The phrase in question is therefore
follow the money

When the money was first found, there were two items, a rook and an ID card for Grace Szabo. I still haven't found an account for her but there was a chess grandmaster called László Szabó....

Offline amandel

« Reply #13 on: Today at 03:14:36 PM »
Hi. Here's Winter's Locked-2 2nd email reply to me.

Also, will someone verify that the small print on Father Tom's flyer reads: IDH0(zero) I0 FCBAGO F. Thanks for all the info & clues from y'all
« Last Edit: Today at 03:16:28 PM by amandel »