Author Topic: Winter Sylvana - A new season, a new story (e-mail)  (Read 743 times)

Offline HappyPhantom

Re: Winter Sylvana - A new season, a new story (e-mail)
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 10:37:44 AM »
Hello all! Late to the party as usual. Thank you Amandel, and admin for the speedy membership process and to Russell for the warm welcome.  :D

I read them as all zeros, Amandel, but I can never quite tell.

Offline amandel

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 11:20:50 AM »
Grateful and THX for the verifying which was still a boggle until Winter's latest post, 'Library Day', where Laura suggests ISBN. So, I turned that letter string into 13numbers with 3zeroes.

The result (9780906321706 ISBN) gave 'The Wealth of Nations' by Adam Smith & helps to open up "Desperado" on Sylvana Stories.

Spoiler: Desperado solve • show
The answer is: wealthofnations (case sensitive) & it's Breaking News  ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 11:24:34 AM by amandel »
"I could write a hell of a paper on a grown man who dresses like a flying rodent."

Offline Russell

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 09:25:11 AM »
Nice catch Amandel.

That also covers the 1776 date =)

Emailing Father Tom elicits the following message:

I have temporarily relocated to Paris, France. Please do not attempt to contact me further. I may or may not post weekly updates here. Father Tom [IHS]

Offline amandel

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 06:10:20 AM »
TY Russell for the 1776 connex. All the updates & additions on Sylvana Stoies are a feast, incl. a beautiful image of The Fool tarot card. 

Wondering if another tarot card might be the "key" ( the symbol that Winter tweeted) I got purely lucky with "The Students" PW. It's the first result that kept popping up on my Google search for "student + teacher +tarot". This entry is a must-read imo. Cyas.

Spoiler: The Students PW • show
PW is: hierophant (case sensitive)

EDIT: Just realized that this card was already on my brain b/c Jeet (Hi Pia!) mentioned its importance & meaning on Page1. So THANKS!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 06:42:37 AM by amandel »
"I could write a hell of a paper on a grown man who dresses like a flying rodent."

Offline Dominic1978

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 06:47:12 AM »
New e-mail:

Dearest Friends,

The time has come for the Card Keeper training to begin. Your first challenge is a simple one. Respond to this email and let me know the answer to the following questions:

1. What is one thing you would like to direct less attention to?
2. What is one thing you would like to direct more attention to?

Within 24-48 hours of completing this challenge you will receive your first reward.

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please reply to this email and type UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

Thank you!

All of my best always,
Winter Sylvana

Offline HappyPhantom

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 10:23:03 PM »
Here was my reward... Not quite sure what to do with it yet. I thought it looked like a part of a qr code, in which case I thought I  should share in case there were other partials. It was titled "switch.jpg"

Offline Jeet

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 06:39:08 PM »
Mine was same as yours, Happy Phantom, and also "switch.jpg". The only thing that stands out to me as unusual is all are rectangles but one is a square. What that means tho, I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 06:44:30 PM by Jeet »

Offline Russell

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 06:58:45 PM »
Meant to post this earlier but was away all weekend:

Spoiler: show
Tower - From the major arcana

So the only thing outstanding is the board from the email and the board from the blog : https://sylvanastories.wordpress.com/board/

The email image is not a complete 8*8 grid (it is 7*7) my second thought was that it was a binary conversion but not enough characters.... ???
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 07:13:31 PM by Russell »

Offline amandel

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 07:53:43 PM »
Hi all. Winter sent me the exact monochrome image (switch.jpg~interesting title) and I'm smitten with HP's take that it's a partial QR code. Panting like a puppy there might be something "hidden" I had analysed the image at http://www.imageforensic.org/ (a useful tool) but it's the cleanest Jpeg EVAH.  ;D

Mega props, Russell, on the Codes solve that I'm just now seeing. Reading the exciting Iza update there before sleepyville for me.

Offline Russell

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2019, 09:02:51 PM »
My next thought was to find any 49 character messages we have received so far and use the board as a grille cipher. Sadly haven't found a message yet to lay underneath.

The fact that the image is called switch.jpg still makes me want to use binary though!

Offline Russell

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 11:04:03 AM »
Ok so i went back to the switch image today as i still found it odd that one of the squares was double height, After fiddling around with the contrast/ brightness a cross appears on the right as attached.

Looks like a flag, but i dont know a flag with the cross on the right.  in which case are we supposed to "switch" it the other way round?